Compensation Analyst I/II
The Compensation Analyst may need to apply knowledge of compensation principles to a variety of situations with general supervision. The position will partner with the Compensation Manager in the development, implementation, and administration of Compensation Milestone programs. In addition the position is responsible for the review and creation of job descriptions, recommendation of salary ranges, development of various reports and audits, and may lead small cross-functional projects to resolve compensation related business challenges.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyze job descriptions; recommend changes to content, title, salary range, and FLSA status.
Review changes in wages, salaries and allotments for conformance to policy.
Partner with Compensation team to review and coordinate completion of compensation surveys.
Partner with Salary Administrators and Sr. Management to advise and counsel on compensation related decisions.
Improve, administer, and assist with Milestone processes which include, but are not limited to Merit, Short-term Incentive and Long-term Incentive programs.
Analyze pay equity within bands, grades, and departments.
Partner with Compensation Manager to review and coordinate completion of compensation projects.
Coordinate the development and documentation of procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
May ensure compliance with all federal and state laws relating to compensation plans, projects, and Milestones.
May develop and review Associate communication regarding compensation plans, projects, and Milestones.
May develop training materials and management tools.
Demonstrate concept results through testing and simulation.
Partner with HRTS Analysts to ensure that the HRTS system aligns with compensation designs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
- Complete other related duties, analysis and projects as assigned.
- Ability to advise and counsel effectively (written and verbal) with all levels of Associates.
- Ability to devise new approaches to problems.
- Ability to establish schedules and timelines to achieve company expectations.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to applicants and Associates.
- Ability to teach others on how to complete tasks and processes.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to reason and communicate regulations and detailed information on compensation to all levels of Associates in a courteous and professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience in Compensation or Human Resources, required
- Courses or seminars related to compensation administration and/or processing, preferred
- CCP certification, preferred
- Advanced knowledge with computer based applications, like Microsoft Office, desired
- Specific knowledge of HRIS systems, Workday and Peoplesoft, preferred
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top