CarMax Technology Associate
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THIS JOB
CarMax Technology Associates build and ship innovative solutions for our Fortune 500 company's customers and associates while engaging with senior mentors and managers to help develop their careers technically and professionally. They leverage cutting edge mobile, cloud, and emerging platform technologies in an Agile environment to further our disruption of the used car buying market.
Join us for an 8-week program designed to jumpstart your CarMax career. Through this program, you will:
- Learn about CarMax and the technologies and tools used to support our business
- Build your professional network by meeting and connecting with Technology leadership, as well as other associates across different enterprise departments
- Get exposure and hands-on experience with various programming languages, new technologies, platforms and tools
- Gain a solid understanding of CarMax Technology and how your contributions will have a direct and significant impact on the organization's ongoing success
WHAT ROLES ARE WE HIRING FOR
We're looking for candidates who bring fresh ideas and a wide array of experiences to the team to help us Drive What's Possible in all areas, including API development , data warehousing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, data engineering, cloud architecture, natural language processing, UI design, and mobile. Together we deliver iconic experiences through innovative technology and relentless execution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for both our customers and our associates.
- Participate and immerse yourself in a fast paced, dynamic Agile environment where innovation and collaboration are keys to our success
- Develop communication skills by participating in business customer meetings, design sessions, and presentations to Senior Technology Leaders
- Contribute to products/projects that enable the success of our associates
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability and desire to collaborate to solve original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business and technical problems
- An interest in continuous learning and engagement
- Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top