CarMax Technology Associate
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Relish the challenge of tackling difficult business problems, but also enjoy time away working in a culture that prides itself on truly valuing our associates and work-life harmony. Finally, join an organization that has been named one of the '100 Best Places to Work' by FORTUNE magazine each year since 2005 and was recognized recently by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking work-life balance. CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THIS JOB
CarMax Technology Associates build and ship innovative solutions for our Fortune 500 company's customers and associates while engaging with senior mentors and managers to help develop their careers technically and professionally. They leverage cutting edge mobile, cloud, and emerging platform technologies in an Agile environment to further our disruption of the used car buying market.
Join us for an 8-week program designed to jumpstart your CarMax career. Through this program, you will:
- Learn about CarMax and the technologies and tools used to support our business
- Build your professional network by meeting and connecting with Technology leadership, as well as other associates across different enterprise departments
- Get exposure and hands-on experience with various programming languages, new technologies, platforms and tools
- Gain a solid understanding of CarMax Technology and how your contributions will have a direct and significant impact on the organization's ongoing success
We're looking for candidates who bring fresh ideas and a wide array of experiences to the team to help us Drive What's Possible. Together we deliver iconic experiences through innovative technology and relentless execution.
- ECM/Document Management Developer - Desire to learn Document Management platform and API development; experience with programming languages required and a working knowledge of REST API & microservice development, Java, JSON, XML, Spring & Maven are preferred.
- Cyber Security Analyst- Interest in Cybersecurity, some coding experience with a base level knowledge of Operating Systems and Networks with an appetite to learn. Work will be around tool automation and enabling Associates to self-service
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for both our customers and our associates.
- Participate and immerse yourself in a fast paced, dynamic Agile environment where innovation and collaboration are keys to our success
- Develop communication skills by participating in business customer meetings, design sessions, and presentations to Senior Technology Leaders
- Contribute to products/projects that enable the success of our associates
- Ability and desire to collaborate to solve original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business and technical problems
- An interest in continuous learning and engagement
- Computer Science or Business Information Technology Degree preferred
Back to top