CarMax Technology Academy
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax Technology Associates build and ship production software for a Fortune 500 company that impacts our customers and associates, develop their professional soft-skills, and learn from full time mentors and managers. They leverage cutting edge mobile, cloud, and emerging platform technologies in an Agile environment to further our disruption of the used car buying market.
We're looking for candidates who bring fresh ideas and a wide array of experiences to the team to help us Drive What's Possible in all areas, including APIs, data warehousing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design, and mobile. Together we deliver iconic experiences through innovative technology and relentless execution.
WHAT ROLES ARE WE HIRING FOR
- Developer/Engineer - Experience with various programming languages
- Data Engineer - Building infrastructure, preparing data, and partnering with data scientists and other consumers to ensure data products are reliable, efficient, and have a high degree of quality.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer - Experience and comfort working with a variety of programming languages and database-driven technologies. Experience or interest in automation technology, web services, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and character recognition.
- Mobile Developer - Experience with various programming languages, an interest in mobile application development; experience with mobile application development (Android or iOS) a plus.
- Systems Engineer - Experience with both application languages and infrastructure systems such as network, database, hosted and cloud-based services. Automation skills a plus. Interest in developing proactive automation solutions to help fix both routine and complex technology issues to eliminate human intervention and drive down technology outage time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for both our customers and our associates.
- Take on work as requested, following through to completion while managing roadblocks and technical tasks
- Participate in a fast paced, dynamic Agile environment where innovation and collaboration are keys to our success
- Develop communication skills by participating in business customer meetings, design sessions, and presentations to Senior Technology Leaders
- Contribute to products/projects that enable the success of our associates
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Technology Associates will attend the CarMax Technology Academy; an 8-week program designed to jumpstart your CarMax career. Through this program, you will:
- Learn about CarMax and the technologies and tools used to support our business
- Build your professional network by meeting and connecting with Technology leadership, as well as other associates across different enterprise departments
- Get exposure and hands-on experience with various programming languages, new technologies, platforms and tools
- Gain a solid understanding of CarMax Technology and how your contributions will have a direct and significant impact on the organization's ongoing success
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability and desire to collaborate to solve original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business and technical problems
- A history of achievement and aptitude
- Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
EddyIT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top