Business Analyst Rotation Program - Richmond
CarMax is an innovative FORTUNE®: 500 company on a mission to bring honesty and integrity to car buying. Disrupting the marketplace for more than 20 years, CarMax is the largest used car retailer in the US with 150+ stores and 20,000+ associates. Our success is driven by our customer-centric, data-driven approach to problem solving and an unparalleled focus on a company culture that supports our employees and our community. Not only has CarMax delivered exceptional business results, but CarMax has been named one of the “100 Best Places to Work” by FORTUNE®: magazine each year since 2005.
As a Business Analyst, you will work from our Corporate Offices in Richmond, VA or from our Auto Finance office in Atlanta, GA as internal consultants – extracting insights from the most robust database in the industry to innovate and develop strategies that differentiate ourselves in the marketplace and shape the future of our company and the industry as a whole.
To maximize professional development and career growth, new analysts will join our Analyst Rotational Program (ARP). A 24-month program, ARP provides analysts with a robust understanding of our business and enables analysts to develop the breadth of skills and experiences necessary to further their success.
ARPs Key Components include:
- Experience in three distinct analyst roles in the first two years
- Comprehensive training program with an emphasis on technical development (coding, analytics) as well as leadership and influence
- Networking activities and engaging interactions with senior business leaders
You will spend your time:
- Working with data – writing code, building reports, completing analysis, building models, etc.
- Collaborating – partnering with leaders across the organization to learn about our business and identifying creative ways to solve problems
- Innovating – identifying opportunities and creating solutions that drive meaningful impacts to the business
- Influencing – presenting analysis and proposals to senior executives and driving action
- Having fun – enjoying the unique culture we offer at CarMax, including a healthy work/life balance
You will make a difference:
- Pricing & Inventory: Build and maintain algorithms that determine the cars we should stock on our lots and the prices we should use to maximize profitability.
- Marketing: Create digital marketing strategies that convert high value prospects to customers and maximize return on investment for our marketing spend.
- Auto Finance: Develop a credit risk model to systematically decision over 100,000 loan applications each month while balancing risk in our portfolio and maximizing approvals
- Expansion Planning: Provide analysis and recommendations behind all new store investment decisions. Analytics (including sales forecasting) informs the bigger picture for CarMax growth.
To be successful:
- Passion for problem solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
- Demonstrated top-caliber analytic and critical-thinking skills supported by a 4-year degree or greater
To be eligible:
- Graduating Winter 2016 – Spring 2017
- 2.8 GPA or better
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Back to top