Business Analyst Rotation Program - Richmond
CarMax is an innovative FORTUNE 500 company on a mission to bring honesty and integrity to car buying. Disrupting the marketplace for more than 20 years, CarMax is the largest used car retailer in the US with 175+ stores and 24,000+ associates. Our success is driven by our customer-centric, data-informed approach to problem solving and an unparalleled focus on a company culture that supports our employees and our community.
Research & Analytics - Business analysts are the analytical authorities at CarMax. Apply the scientific method to CarMax's proprietary, industry-leading data to formulate and test theories about specific business areas. Leverage your new insights in combination with advanced analytical techniques to develop insightful metrics and predictive models.
Strategy Consulting - Business analysts are key collaborators driving major corporate functions and initiatives. They work closely with leadership in field execution, technology, marketing, and other business areas, to inform our strategy and execution. They help CarMax create powerful, compelling narratives and influence corporate decision-making at the most senior levels.
Analyst Rotational Program - To maximize professional development and career growth, new analysts will join a 24-month rotational program. It provides analysts with a robust understanding of our business and enables analysts to develop the breadth of skills and experiences necessary to further their success. Example rotational areas include:
- Credit Risk: Formulate the best methodology to identify High/Low risk customers
- Pricing & Inventory: Help determine which cars, at what prices, to have on our lots
- Marketing: Create strategies to maximize returns on our marketing spend and personalize messaging for consumers
Career Progression - CarMax is seeking analysts with high potential, and will invest heavily in your growth and development. Focusing on results rather than tenure, CarMax has many career opportunities for internal progression at a fast-growing, best-of-breed company.
Join our community of more than 100 analysts, many of whom are recent graduates from renowned schools. Relish the challenge of tackling difficult business problems, but also enjoy time away working in a culture that prides itself on truly valuing our associates and work-life harmony. Finally, join an organization that has been named one of the '100 Best Places to Work' by FORTUNE magazine each year since 2005 and was recognized recently by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking work-life balance.
- Passion for problem-solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
- Top-caliber critical thinking skills and intensely curious personality
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong academic performance and a history of achievement (scholarships, awards, honor societies)
To be eligible:
- Graduating Winter 2017 - Spring 2018
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top