Business Analyst Rotation Program - Atlanta
CarMax is an innovative FORTUNE 500 company on a mission to bring honesty and integrity to car buying. Disrupting the marketplace for more than 20 years, CarMax is the largest used car retailer in the US with 190+ stores and 25,000+ associates. Our success is motivated by our customer-centric, data-informed approach to problem solving, with an unparalleled focus on a company culture that supports our associates and our community.
How you'll impact CarMax:
Research & Analytics - Analysts are key to driving change at CarMax. Apply your skills to CarMax's proprietary, industry-leading data to formulate and test theories about specific areas in our business. Leverage your findings with both time-tested and cutting-edge analytical techniques to develop insightful metrics and predictive models.
Internal Strategy Consulting - Business analysts are key collaborators driving major corporate functions and initiatives. They work closely with leadership in field execution, technology, marketing and many other areas, to inform our strategy and execution. They help CarMax create powerful, compelling narratives and influence corporate decision-making at the most senior levels.
What we offer:
• Rotational Program: To maximize professional development and career growth, new analysts will join a 24-month rotational program, consisting of 3 placements. This enables you to develop the breadth of skills and experiences necessary to further your success. Example rotational areas could include: Credit Risk, Pricing & Inventory, Marketing, Expansion Planning or Web Analytics. Help us further understand high/low risk customers from a financing lens, determine how to price the thousands of cars on our lots, and provide the best experience and service to our customers.
• Training Opportunities: Your development will begin with our personalized CarMax training, and may include coding in SQL, SAS or Python, as well as data visualization through software such as Tableau. Beyond functional training, you will have opportunities to strengthen your skills in leadership, communication, and analysis & decision making that will further your growth at CarMax.
• Career Progression: CarMax will invest heavily in your development and has many opportunities for internal progression at our fast-growing, best-in-class company.
• Unique Community: Join our community of more than 100 analysts, from various backgrounds and experiences. Find yourself with the opportunity to develop professional relationships with fellow analysts, as well as senior leadership, that help expand your focus area. CarMax has been named one of the '100 Best Places to Work' by FORTUNE magazine each year since 2005 and is recognized by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking a healthy work-life balance.
• Competitive Benefits: Competitive salary, performance-based annual bonuses, stock-based long-term incentives, flexible time away, work-life balance, employee stock purchase, 401(k) match and company-sponsored healthcare are just some of the benefits CarMax has to offer.
What you need to succeed:
• Enthusiasm for problem-solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
• Top-caliber critical thinking skills and analytical curiosity
• Highly organized and proven ability to multitask
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Dedication to continuous improvement and innovation
• Passion for growth, development and learning new things
To be eligible:
• A 4-year college/university degree
• 0 - 2 years of working experience
• Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Back to top