Business Analyst Intern - Atlanta
CarMax is an innovative FORTUNE 500 company on a mission to bring honesty and integrity to car buying. Disrupting the marketplace for more than 20 years, CarMax is the largest used car retailer in the US with 175+ stores and 24,000+ associates. Our success is driven by our customer-centric, data-informed approach to problem solving and an unparalleled focus on a company culture that supports our employees and our community.
As a Business Analyst Intern, you will work from our Auto Finance office in Atlanta, GA extracting insights from the most robust database in the industry to innovate and develop strategies that differentiate ourselves in the marketplace and shape the future of our company and the industry as a whole.
As a Summer Analyst Intern, you will spend your time:
- Working directly with our data - writing code, building reports, completing analysis, building models, etc.
- Collaborating - partnering with leaders across the organization to learn about our business and identifying creative ways to solve problems (with or without data)
- Innovating - being bold in the pursuit of excellence and identifying opportunities to leverage your expertise to drive meaningful impacts to the business
- Influencing - presenting game-changing insights to senior executives and driving action
- Having fun - enjoying the unique culture we offer at CarMax, including a healthy work/life balance
You will make a difference. Here are a few project examples:
- Pricing & Inventory: Build algorithms that determine the cars we should stock on our lots and the prices we should use to maximize profitability
- Marketing: Create digital marketing strategies that convert high value prospects to customers and maximize return on investment for marketing spend
- Auto Finance: Develop credit risk strategies that systematically decision loan applications and balance risk in our portfolio while maximizing approvals
- Expansion Planning: Provide analysis and recommendations behind new store investment decisions to ensure we are growing in the right markets
- Financial Planning: support setting CarMax's financial roadmap with a view of maximizing shareholder value
- Join our community of more than 100 analysts, many of whom are recent graduates from renowned schools. Relish the challenge of tackling difficult business problems, but also enjoy time away working in a culture that prides itself on truly valuing our associates and work-life harmony. Finally, join an organization that has been named one of the '100 Best Places to Work' by FORTUNE magazine each year since 2005 and was recognized recently by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking work-life balance.
- Passion for problem-solving
- Demonstrated top-caliber analytic and problem-solving skills
- Top-caliber critical thinking skills and intensely curious personality
- Strong academic performance and a history of achievement (scholarships, awards, honor societies)
To be eligible:
- Graduating Winter 2018 - Spring 2019
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top