Business Analyst Intern - Atlanta
CarMax is an innovative FORTUNE®: 500 company on a mission to bring honesty and integrity to car buying. Disrupting the marketplace for more than 20 years, CarMax is the largest used car retailer in the US with 150+ stores and 20,000+ associates. Our success is driven by our customer-centric, data-driven approach to problem solving and an unparalleled focus on a company culture that supports our employees and our community. Not only has CarMax delivered exceptional business results, but CarMax has been named one of the “100 Best Places to Work” by FORTUNE®: magazine each year since 2005.
As a Business Analyst Intern, you will work from our Auto Finance office in Atlanta, GA extracting insights from the most robust database in the industry to innovate and develop strategies that differentiate ourselves in the marketplace and shape the future of our company and the industry as a whole.
As a Summer Analyst Intern, you will spend your time:
- Working directly with our data – writing code, building reports, completing analysis, building models, etc.
- Collaborating – partnering with leaders across the organization to learn about our business and identifying creative ways to solve problems (with or without data)
- Innovating – being bold in the pursuit of excellence and identifying opportunities to leverage your expertise to drive meaningful impacts to the business
- Influencing – presenting game-changing insights to senior executives and driving action
- Having fun – enjoying the unique culture we offer at CarMax, including a healthy work/life balance
You will make a difference. Here are a few project examples:
- Pricing & Inventory: Build algorithms that determine the cars we should stock on our lots and the prices we should use to maximize profitability
- Marketing: Create digital marketing strategies that convert high value prospects to customers and maximize return on investment for marketing spend
- Auto Finance: Develop credit risk strategies that systematically decision loan applications and balance risk in our portfolio while maximizing approvals
- Expansion Planning: Provide analysis and recommendations behind new store investment decisions to ensure we are growing in the right markets
To be eligible:
- Demonstrated top-caliber analytic and problem-solving skills and rising Senior for fall 2017
- Many candidates come from quantitative majors, but we encourage analytical students from all majors to apply
- Passion for business and desire to develop into a strong business leader
- 2.8 GPA and/or better
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Back to top