Bilingual Collections Specialist II
Under limited supervision, responsible for receiving phone calls and/or making phone calls to Spanish speaking customers who are current or in a early-stage or late-stage delinquency status (0-60 days past due). Responsible for educating customers on the status of their account and the ramifications of a past due account to influence the customer to make payments. Also responsible for providing translation services for internal associates needing assistance in servicing our Spanish speaking customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take incoming phone calls from customers and answer customer questions regarding his/her account and influence customers to make payments on past due accounts.
- Make outbound collection calls to customers and influence customers to make payments on the past due account.
- Verify customer account information and update as necessary.
- Advise customers of the status of their account (paid current or past due) by reviewing account information on collections system.
- Negotiate with customers to make payments on the account to cure the delinquency status of the account.
- Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
- Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, payment options and account management options.
- Provide Spanish translation service to facilitate communication with Spanish-speaking customers for other associates.
- Conduct basic skip-tracing on delinquent accounts.
- Annotate accounts in inter-company systems to document all interactions with the customer.
- Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer questions/issues.
- Assist new associates to the team through training and peer mentoring.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via phone.
- Use a variety of influencing technique to convince the customer to make a payment.
- Tolerate stressful interactions with customers.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve or escalate as needed.
- Work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Complete CarMax provided training as required.
- Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and collection laws/ regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent or 6 months related experience.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic typing skills.
The current hours for the department are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm, Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm and Sunday 10am to 3pm. Candidates must be willing to work at least 2 evening shifts Monday through Friday, and a rotating schedule Saturday and Sunday.
Back to top