This position is responsible for contributing to the success of CarMax through analysis and oversight of the Company's health and wellness benefit plans. This position will provide analysis and recommendations on regulatory compliance (e.g., Healthcare Reform) and health plan reporting in support of company and plan strategies. The Manager will also assist the company in identifying and implementing new benefit plans, manage vendor relationships through a regular review of vendor performance to ensure quality service to the Company and its Associates, and make recommendations regarding vendors as deemed necessary. This position will also provide support and guidance for other Benefit Plans assigned within the team. This position will serve as a manager for the Health & Wellness Team.
- Management and oversight of Health & Wellness Team
- Compliance with Healthcare Reform and other regulatory requirements associated with group health & wellness programs (e.g., HIPAA)
- Ensure health and wellness plans are administered consistently with strategic goals
- Develop and maintain health plan reporting in support of company and plan strategies
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Executive Physicals
- Other plans, policies, and programs based on team assignments
- Conduct associate file reviews and periodic performance evaluations including providing development opportunities for associates and feedback to associates regarding skill development and accomplishments.
- Manage the day-to-day workload and project load of the Group Health & Wellness Team.
- Development and execution oversight of Wellness and other health improvement strategies throughout the organization to promote health and health awareness with associates and their families.
- Partner with Department Analysts to regularly monitor and analyze group health plan costs and competitive practices to ensure the maximization of the value achieved with benefit plan dollars spent.
- Initiate and support departmental cross-training activities
- Lead complex benefits projects that involve cross functional teams and external stakeholders to accomplish department and plan objectives. Provide oversight and direction to intra-departmental projects.
- Develop training materials and management tools for staff, managers, and associates.
- Communicate team needs, recommendations, etc. to Director of Benefits
- Other duties as assigned.
Compliance Related Duties:
- Coordinate interpretation of regulatory requirements with Legal counsel, Tax, Financial Reporting, Human Resources, and other internal departments as appropriate to ensure understanding among all stakeholders
- Coordinate all related internal and external reporting requirements and ensure appropriate processes are established for the ongoing administration/management of required activities.
- Coordinate and execute all required Associate notifications (e.g., exchange notices, annual exchange open enrollment notices/information, etc.)
- Coordinate compliance activities with external stakeholders - plan administrators (Aetna, Caremark, ADP, etc.) and consultants
- Monitor and communicate changing legal and governmental requirements to help ensure plans are administered in accordance with such requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Health Plan Management Duties:
- Coordinate administration and continuous development of Basic Medical Plan (Affordable/Default Plan) with external consultant, Legal counsel, Aetna, Caremark, etc. Conduct/coordinate financial analysis of plan, plan impact, etc.
- Develop and coordinate Associate communications related to plans
- Coordinate and develop required plan documentation for allplan(s) (e.g., SPD, Highlights)
- Provide analytical leadership in benefit design and monitoring of plan/program performance to ensure that plans encourage and support appropriate participant behaviors.
- Position Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven organizational skills - must be eager to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Solid (and proven) financial or accounting capabilities/experience
- Must be a team player with demonstrated team experience (proven)
- Strong customer service focus (proven)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in Health and Welfare plans analysis and regulatory compliance or comparable experience with a minimum of 1-3 years of health plan administration experience preferred
- Degree in Business or Human Resources desired, related CEBS training desired
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top