Benefits Analyst II
The CarMax Benefits Team is seeking a Benefits Analyst II to join our department. This position is responsible for the administration of our Pension Plan and Benefits Restoration Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Life Insurance Plan, Retiree Discount Program, and other benefit plans as assigned. The successful candidate will maintain plan compliance for highly-regulated benefit plans, support other executive benefit plans, and conduct ad hoc analysis on assigned plans as needed. This position will also assist on other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Team Manager, Benefits/Financial Plans.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pension Plan and Benefit Restoration Plan - day to day administration and customer service for plan participants, including performing benefit calculations and coordinating benefit commencements.
- Maintain plan compliance through required activities, e.g., coordinate plan audits, complete required tax or plan filings, and research for all assigned plans.
- Provide customer service for all plan participant inquiries and issues (primary point of contact for Pension and Benefit Restoration Plan, secondary point of contact on other plans)
- Oversight of plan administration for assigned plans, including reconciliations of associate contributions, supporting system set up rules and data/contribution files with external vendors, maintaining published plan documents, monthly plan reporting and research and analysis as needed
- Vendor Management for assigned plans
Education and/or Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in Pension Plan administration of financial benefit plans administration/analysis, Workday systems experience, and/or other related job experience is preferred.
- A college degree in Business, Human Resources, Finance, Economics, or a related field is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized, have strong analytical skills, be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (including MS Access), and be focused on providing exceptional customer service, and be a team player.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top