7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
This senior IT position is responsible for developing and implementing an enterprise wide eCommerce /digital technology strategy, roadmap and investment plan. This position plays an influential role as a member of the senior IT leadership team in shaping IT strategy, making investment and priority trade-off decisions, reducing unit costs, negotiating and managing vendor contracts and improving associate talent, commitment and morale.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to understand current and future needs to develop an enterprise wide Digital technology strategy
- Create and lead teams through strategic vision; update vision and roadmap as needed
- Foster a strong customer service mind-set through their IT teams, which championing thought leadership and innovation as business partners
- Search out and bring innovative, external best practice ideas of IT, with particular emphasis on digital, eCommerce / marketing technologies
- Ensure project initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations - functionality, timeliness and cost
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of professional experience in implementing Online/eCommerce solutions
- Minimum 10 years management/leadership experience including recruiting, coaching and mentoring, with a proven track record of building highly effective teams
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration, or related discipline
- A proven ability to deliver IT solutions with predictability and quality
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, budgeting and allocation
- Extensive experience with third party software evaluation, selection, vendor negotiation and vendor management
- Experience preferred with MS .Net, MS SQL, MS Azure, Endeca Search, Akamai CDN, Adobe Analytics & Target, iOS and Android application development
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers and senior management
- Influence others' behavior toward the enterprise's goals; having a high emotional intelligence; can build trust while maintaining confidentiality
- Listen and manage conflicts and achieve compromise while meeting meaningful goals and respecting other parties' perspectives
- Requires strong analytical and organizations skills
- Expertise in understanding complex technology and applying it in a practical way to create business solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Performs effectively in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Evaluate long term impact when making recommendations and decisions
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top