Automotive Technician / Mechanical Associate
Under general supervision, responsible for performing and documenting results of general vehicle repair for the mechanical reconditioning process.
Responsibilities include diagnosing and repairing domestic and foreign vehicles, and will range from basic to advanced skills based on available positions. Must be able to work well in a team environment, provide outstanding customer service, and follow workplace cleanliness, organization, and process standards.
- Combination of both office and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Requires walking or standing for an extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and12-hour days.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Previous automotive experience required
- ASE certifications will be required for select positions.
- Auto Tech must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Required to have great attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top