7111 - SW Freeway - 6909 Southwest Fwy, Houston, Texas, 77074
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Ensure every vehicle is one our customers can rely on
Every vehicle that passes through a CarMax store is repaired and reconditioned to CarMax's high standards. Automotive Technicians use their skills to diagnose, fix and prepare vehicles for our customers. Specializing in an area such as engines, steering and suspension, heating and air conditioning or brakes, you will be part of a skilled team that brings out the best in every vehicle. And we'll help bring out the best in you too, with a clean, modern, climate-controlled environment. You will also enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans, and vehicle purchase discounts.
Under general supervision, performs general service repairs, brake repairs, 4-wheel alignments, repairs to steering and suspension, CQI inspections, and safety inspections.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
• General repairs, brake diagnosis and repair, steering and suspension repairs including 4-wheel alignments, CQI's, and safety inspections
• Supervise/Mentor Apprentice Technicians
• Ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Final Quality Standards.
• Drive vehicles to and from various locations as requested by supervisor.
• Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
• Maintain, repair, and clean special equipment
• Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
• Successfully work with and through associates of other departments within the Store.
• Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment
• Required to have great attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
• Speak clearly and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
• Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
• Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
• ASE Certification in Brakes and Steering & Suspension
• Combination of both indoor and outdoor environment; May include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
• May require walking or standing for an extended time.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays and 12-hour days.
• They are expected to wear CarMax clothing (acquired through the company) at all times while working in the store.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top