Auto Repair Specialist I
- Shreveport, LA
6121 - Shreveport - 765 Brook Hollow Drive, Shreveport, Louisiana, 71105
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, performs mechanical and cosmetic repairs on customer and internal CarMax vehicles in accordance with all standards described in the CarMax Certified Quality Inspection Process and the Retail Repair Process. Additionally, performs all customer contact functions during repairs as defined by CarMax "Voice of Customer" processes, orders and maintains parts and supply inventories and properly uses and maintains all CarMax Tools and Equipment to support the store operations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute CarMax Standardized work
- Engine Repair
- Advance engine performance and drivability
- Electrical systems repair
- Manual drive train and axle repair
- Brake diagnosis and repair
- Steering and suspension repairs including 4-wheel alignments
- Heating and air conditioning repair
- Inspect vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards when needed.
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
- Maintain, repair, and clean shop equipment
- Interact with all customers in a friendly, service oriented manner
- Consult with service customers regarding needed repairs
- Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing Close and invoice repair orders
- Explain all recommendations/repairs/service/maintenance performed to ensure customer understanding
- Collect service payments and manages cash including receiving and counting money
- Locate and receive shipments of parts
- Receive parts into inventory
- Maintain the parts inventory for neatness, accuracy (cycle counts), and correct stocking levels Control service supplies to minimize waste
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide general support to store operations to maintain vehicle inventory and meet quality standards
- Support sales by helping to assess vehicle condition during the condition assessment process, prepping sold vehicles for delivery, and receiving and processing vehicles being transferred into or out of inventory
- Set up and coordinate handling of vehicles with on lot and off lot sublet vendors when the needed work can not be performed in house
Work requires ability to:
• New Associate Orientation Training - Operations
• Kronos Training for Hourly Associates • Refrigerant Recycling License
• ASE Certifications in Steering and Suspension (A4), Brakes (A5), Heating Air Conditioning (A7), Electrical (A6),
• Engine Repair (A1), Manual Drive Train and Axles (A3) , and Engine Performance (A8)
• Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
• Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 pounds
• Speak and listen to customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
• Demonstrate attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
• Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
• Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active listening skills
• Combination of both office and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
• May require walking or standing for an extended period of time.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
• Wear CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
• Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
• Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Uniform policies.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top