Auditor II/ Sr. Auditor, Audit Services
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
CarMax is seeking a collaborative, self-motivated individual to join our CarMax Audit Services team as an Auditor II/ Sr. Auditor within the business process space. This role will broadly support the CarMax Audit Services team through the development and execution of the department's audit plan. The scope of work will include supporting the department in designing and leading risk-based audits and other reviews of processes and controls across financial, operational, compliance, and other risk areas. This role requires an individual with strong analytical, teamwork, and communication skills to deliver excellent customer service and promote the department's value proposition.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
With guidance from your manager:
- Supervise audit, advisory or other special projects designed to evaluate a combination of financial, operational and compliance risks including consideration of the related technology processes; integrating the Technology and Financial/Operational/Compliance audit objectives and resources
- Assist in the planning and execution of testing internal controls over financial reporting for management's assessment under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act ("SOX")
- Execute on consumer compliance audit programs including coordination with management's compliance function
- Complete risk assessment activities and understand business processes and controls to effectively evaluate their design, identify risk and develop solutions to mitigate those risks
- Assist in the design and execution of audit procedures to assess financial, operational and compliance risks
- Provide innovative and value-add insights to drive improved process efficiency and effectiveness for the Company and in the department's audit processes
- Assist in developing creative and dynamic solutions for effectively communicating audit activities and results to senior leadership and key stakeholders (dashboards, visualizations, etc.)
- Coach associates through tasks/testing and review their work to drive continuous associate development and department strategies
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or other related degree
- 4+ years of audit experience in an internal audit or other risk/compliance/consulting function
- Strong background in assessing risks and internal controls including, but not limited to:
- Performing risk assessments to identify key areas of risk (financial, compliance and operational)
- Designing and executing appropriate procedures to address identified risks and validate the design and operation of controls
- Evaluating processes to identify controls and the associated system dependencies
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance
- Leadership qualities including ability to motivate and/or persuade others (including department associates and business partners across the organization)
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to supervise and/or perform multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts as they relate to auditing, accounting, budget and financial analysis
- Certified Public Accountant ("CPA"), Certified Internal Auditor ("CIA") or Certified Information Systems Auditor ("CISA")
- Experience with consumer compliance laws and regulations or other compliance audit activities
- Significant retail industry and/or financial services knowledge and experience
- Experience with the financial reporting processes for publicly listed companies
- Prior supervisory experience in an audit setting
- Experience with existing and emerging automation and analytics tools (Alteryx, Tableau, etc.)
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top