Auction Service Technician III
Under general supervision, performs mechanical repairs on customer and internal CarMax vehicles in accordance with all standards described in the CarMax Policies and Procedures. Additionally, performs all customer contact functions during diagnosis as defined by “CarMax Auctions Trading Policies”, processes orders and maintains parts and supply inventories and properly uses and maintains all CarMax Tools and Equipment to support the store operations.
Duties including but not limited to, inspecting fluids, frame/rust/flood damage, retrieve OBD codes, general service repairs, diagnosis and repair. Assist in successful execution of Auction Operations including vehicle start-up and flow through sale, vehicle mechanical diagnosis and flood/frame evaluations. On an as needed basis, responsible for Auction Services Mechanical Associate I, II.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute CarMax Standardized work
- Engine Diagnosis and Repair in accordance to CarMax Auctions Trading Policies
- Advance engine performance and drivability
- Manual drive train and axle diagnosis and repair in accordance to CarMax Auction Trading Policies
- Automatic transmission/transaxle diagnoses and repair in accordance to CarMax Auction Trading Policies
- Electrical system diagnosis and repair as needed
- Brake diagnosis and repair
- Steering and suspension repairs including 4-wheel alignments
- Heating and air conditioning repair
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
- Maintain, repair, and clean shop equipment
- Interact with all customers in a friendly, service oriented manner
- Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing
- Explain all recommendations/repairs/service/maintenance performed to ensure customer understanding
- Locate and receive shipments of parts
- Receive parts into inventory
- Maintain the parts inventory for neatness, accuracy (cycle counts), and correct stocking levels
- Control service supplies to minimize waste
Additional Responsibilities May Include
- Provide general support to store operations to maintain vehicle inventory flow through auction
- Conduct technical training for merchandising associates
- Assist with vehicle preparation for auction run
- Indoor and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended period of time.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance
- Complete all training, on-line and hands-on, as required by position, including Kronos Training.
- Accountable to Associate 2 Competency Model
- Meet Auction Service Technician I, and II Performance Standards
- Maintain ASE Certifications in Electrical (A6), Engine Repair (A1), Manual Drive Train and Axles (A3), Engine Performance (A8), and Automatic Transmission/Transaxle (A2)
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
Back to top