Auction Service Technician I
Under general supervision, performs diagnosis, repairs and documentation of repairs in the following areas: Brakes, steering and suspension, heating and air conditioning, basic engine repair, manual drive train and axles, electrical, and engine performance as identified in the Retail Repair Process and/or CarMax Auction Trade Policies.
Duties including but not limited to, inspecting fluids, frame/rust/flood damage, retrieve OBD codes, general service repairs, diagnosis and repair. Assist in successful execution of Auction Operations including vehicle start-up and flow through sale, vehicle mechanical diagnosis and flood/frame evaluations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute CarMax Standardized work
- Perform engine diagnoses for vehicle arbitration
- Perform automatic transmission/transaxle diagnoses for vehicle arbitration
- Perform advance engine performance and drivability
- Perform electrical systems repair
- Perform manual drive train and axle repair
- Perform steering and suspension repairs including 4-wheel alignments
- Perform State Inspection and Emission Certification (if applicable)
- Assist with starting, troubleshooting and maintaining the operation of wholesale vehicles to run through the auction lane
- Ensure workplace cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
- Maintain, repair, and clean shop equipment
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Complete duties as assigned by Leads and Managers
- Indoor and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended period of time.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance
- Complete all training, on-line and hands-on, as required by position, including Kronos Training.
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Maintain ASE Certifications in Electrical (A6), Engine Repair (A1)
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top