Assistant Service Manager
While supervising Service Consultants, the Assistant Service Manager's responsibilities include achieving all the CarMax Retail Service goals. Specifically, as Assistant Service Manager, maintain or exceed monthly Retail labor goals, maintain or exceed outstanding customer service as measured by the CSI survey, and ensure proper administration of related paperwork.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Service Consultants meets and greets all customers in a prompt and courteous manner. If all Service Consultants are busy with other customers, personally assist customer.
- Continually observe and mentor the Service Consultants to enforce good habits, and to ensure "Exceptional Customer Service" at all times.
- Track Sales penetration and CSI scores on a daily basis. Create an environment of friendly competition so that all Service Consultants will compete to be the best
- Handle all customer concerns in a quick, efficient, and friendly manner. Be proactive and anticipate potential customer issues before they seek assistance from senior management.
- Process and track all CarMax "Care" claims
- Ensure that drive aisle and write-up area is kept organized, clean of trash, and vehicles are cleared at all times throughout the day
- Be available to assist and mentor Service Consultants during peak delivery time, greeting customers and ensuring that all aspects of a proper deliver are completed - explanation, answer questions, and complete a CSI survey.
- Work one-on-one with individual Service Consultants to assist with CSI and/or sales opportunities
- Perform all duties of the Service Manager in his/her absence
- Ensure that Service Consultant position properly staffed at all times
- Participate and endorse all CarMax Training initiatives.
- Ensure the successful career development of the members of your Team through adherence to the CarMax File reviews, Performance Management and the Merit Review Process.
- Review monthly Labor Operations Usage and capacity planning
Work requires ability to:
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform associate development tasks, including mentoring and performance management.
- Successfully work with and through both managers and associates of other departments within the Store.
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment
- Speak clearly and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Complete CarMax provided training in all areas of the Service process
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top