Analyst II / Senior Analyst Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be! About this Job
This position will serve as a key resource in the building out and maintenance of CarMax's financial planning modeling toolset; process management of CarMax's monthly financial reviews and periodic financial outlooks; delivery of key management reports and presentations; and, internal and external benchmarking. This position will work closely with many areas of the company including Finance, Operations, Strategy, Accounting, and Investor Relations.
The Analyst II / Senior Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis will be a dynamic and analytical professional with an active role in supporting the setting and building of the Company's financial road map. This role will also be accountable for tracking the Company's progress towards financial and operational goals while supporting and coordinating timely and actionable financial optimization recommendations.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
- Key resource in the financial modeling of CarMax's forward-looking financial statements
- Key resource in building out and maintaining a modeling toolset
- Deliver iterative scenario planning and sensitivity analysis capabilities
- Support and lead key financial review and financial outlook processes:
- Deliver and maintain standardized planning templates for building financial forecasts, annual operating plans, and long-range plans
- Deliver and maintain standardized templates for reviewing monthly, quarterly and YTD actuals and their variance to plan, forecast and last year
- Produce key management reports and presentations
- Deliver key financial communication packages for various clients, including Senior Leaders and the Board of Directors
- Perform internal and external benchmarking
- Deliver actionable insight based on internal and external best practices with a view of optimizing value creation at CarMax
- Serve as a key business partner to Operations, Treasury, Accounting and Investor Relations
Purpose of the role
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for utilizing operational and financial data to enhance predictive financial models and drive positive change in the organization.
- This role requires the ability to motivate and lead others, including gaining buy-in to do the right thing for the right reason
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to deliver on objectives and meet deadlines with project parameters
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA / BS in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- MBA / CPA a plus
- 2+ years of relevant FP&A experience, preferably in a multi-unit retail environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and financial modeling skills
- Excellent communication, partnering, presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent computer skills: SQL, Excel, and PowerPoint
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top