Analyst II - Financial Planning & Analysis
CarMax Auto Finance (CAF), CarMax's in-house Auto Finance division is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis team located in Kennesaw, GA. CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked one of Atlanta's top 25 large companies since 2016, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
The Financial Analyst II role is responsible for developing and performing financial analysis of the CarMax Auto Finance business, including developing, forecasting, and reviewing CAF expenses and third party financial services and products
In addition, the Financial Analyst II will be responsible for developing ad hoc business analyses in partnership with the CAF operational management and Accounting teams that will provide insights and recommendations to drive the financial performance and growth of CarMax Auto Finance as the preferred lender for CarMax customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive the creation and maintenance of short and long term financial forecasts for CAF expenses and third party financial services and products.
• Develop, update, and maintain complex models to budget, forecast, analyze, and report CAF expenses and third party financial services and products as well as related drivers and statistics.
• Develop and perform monthly detailed financial analysis including advanced financial modeling and monitoring business results and impact to bottom line.
• Define drivers of budget variances and ensure understanding of key drivers with responsible parties.
• Present financial analysis to influence management decisions.
• Provide customer service and support for financial end-users to effectively and accurately operate.
• Support the management team in the production of key management presentations, reports, forecasts, and analyses.
• Ad-Hoc financial analysis and other projects as needed to support the business.
• Demonstrated proficiency in financial modeling (ability to quickly build and modify robust projection models utilizing Excel)
• Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills, logical, conceptual, and critical thinking skills
• Proven initiative and creative approaches to problem solving with an eagerness to learn.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player mentality and ability to interact effectively with operational areas.
• Must be able to reason and communicate detailed financial information to management.
• Strong planning and execution skills.
• Use available resources to make decisions using independent and sound judgment.
• Ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS in Finance or related degree
• 2+ years of relevant finance experience
• Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Hyperion or similar budgeting/forecasting software a plus
• SAS/SQL a plus
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
Back to top