Analyst II, Accounting Development Program
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
CarMax Accounting's Career Development Program is designed for individuals with aspirations to become a Manager responsible for leading a team of associates in a dynamic, best-in-class organization. As an Analyst II in this program, you will engage in up to three rotations over a 24-month period in various Accounting groups. The program is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of our business and the ability to develop the breadth of skills and practical experience necessary to be a highly successful Manager at CarMax. In addition to development within these rotations, you will engage in a management development program that will prepare you for an entry-level management position upon completion of the program.
WHAT YOU'LL DO - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute: Accurately and efficiently drive analysis, processes and projects that help Accounting support functions at our stores and corporate offices, while also ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and internal controls. Examples include:
- General ledger close (journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis)
- Project management execution (building project plans, reporting on milestones, facilitating group discussions);
- Develop: Receive guidance and feedback from experienced Accounting leaders through training and experiences aimed at developing problem solving, analytical and team leadership skills;
- Communicate: Present information through a variety of mediums to business partners and senior leadership in both formal and informal settings;
- Collaborate: Interact with leaders and teams across the organization to gain knowledge of our business and identify creative ways to solve complex problems and support initiatives;
- Lead: Engage in various leadership activities designed to identify natural strengths and opportunities for growth and application of learnings;
- Innovate: Lead and serve as subject matter expert in projects with internal and external business partners to support business needs and drive meaningful impacts to the business
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
In this program, you'll play a key part in driving our continued success into the future. We are looking for driven individuals with goals to lead and develop a team of associates within the Accounting organization. The 24-month program provides three 8-month rotations on different teams across Accounting. It is aimed towards building a strong foundation of accounting knowledge and business processes, while maximizing professional development and career growth. To perform this job successfully, an individual is expected to be highly motivated and able to exhibit the following abilities:
- Adapts to change and has a desire to develop into a strong business leader
- Thinks logically and conducts root cause analysis, uses resources to find answers
- Completes tasks in a timely manner while balancing multiple priorities and interruptions
- Makes and follows through on commitments
- Takes initiative and works independently
- Cooperates and works well with others; resolves conflict in a positive manner
- Expresses opinions and is dedicated to continuous improvement and innovation
- Challenges others and the status quo appropriately
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance required
- Requires mathematical skills and knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) that would be gained from a typical undergraduate accounting or finance curriculum
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required (i.e. filtering, v-lookups, subtotals, shortcuts); basic level of Microsoft Access a plus
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top