Analyst I - Sales Tax
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Sales Tax Analyst is responsible for ensuring that CarMax complies with state sales and use tax laws. This responsibility consists of researching and implementing tax rate changes or law changes that impact the business. Additional responsibilities include preparing monthly compliance, supporting projects related to CarMax initiatives and reducing tax risks through analysis and audit defense.
- Preparation of monthly tax compliance including reconciling general ledger to monthly reporting and filling out necessary forms. Includes preparation of quarterly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Communication that includes responding to the less demanding tax inquiries by external and internal customers either in written or verbal exchanges
- Under general guidance of team manager and senior analyst conduct research for new business initiatives, projects and assist senior analysts with tax audits
- Under general guidance of team manager and senior analyst monitor state tax legislation changes and assist in determining impacts to the company
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Think logically and conduct root cause analysis
- Identify potential issues and present solutions; partners appropriately
- Analyze data and reports; uses the information to make decisions
- Motivate peers
- Build and maintain strong relationships
- Provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Organize work; prioritizes and manages time well
- Use functional knowledge while serving as a resource for internal customers
- Identify and champion changes in business processes
- Embrace change; manage emotions
- Challenge others and the status quo appropriately
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of tax experience at a public accounting firm or in a corporate tax department
- Experience working on state audits
- Computer skills: Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Communicate in a clear and open manner through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods
- Comprehend and apply basic mathematics
- Read and comprehend basic business reports and analyses
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top