Alternative Servicing Group Specialist II
Under limited supervision, responsible for making outbound telephone calls to and receiving inbound telephone calls from assigned alternative servicing group customers who have accounts with CarMax Auto Finance that are 0-84 days past due. Ensure account information is accurate, educate customers on all payment options, and resolve any questions customers have about their account. Advise customers of the status of their accounts, the ramifications of past due status, and influence customers to make payments to cure their delinquency when applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take incoming phone calls from customers to answer questions and/or resolve customer issues.
- Make outbound welcome/payment reminder calls to ensure customers have all tools and information needed to keep their account up to date and out of a past due status.
- Take incoming/make outbound collection calls to convince customers to make payments and/or cure outstanding past due balances on their account or surrender the vehicle.
- Verify customer information on account is correct and update as necessary.
- Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, repossession, payment options, and account management options.
- Utilize on-line systems and other resources to perform skip trace work on customers and/or vehicle location to establish contact.
- Select and submit accounts for repossession review.
- Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
- Annotate accounts in company database to document interactions with the customer, vendors, etc.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including collection policies/laws.
- Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer issues.
- Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
- Participate in one on one meetings with supervisor, department meetings, and Compass Impact Planning session.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via phone.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tolerate stressful interactions with customers.
- Work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Apply a common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
- Complete CarMax provided training as required.
- Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and collection laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- 6-12 months of related experience.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic typing skills including minimum speed accuracy requirements.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers, applicants and associates.
- Ability to execute moderate math skills.
- Ability to follow outlined policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize when appropriate to escalate situation(s) to Supervisor for assistance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Pleasant, but busy office, taking direction from more than one Supervisor.
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Casual company dress code.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Back to top