8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this Job:
CarMax Accounting is seeking a talented individual with a passion for business and a desire to develop into a strong business leader. This paid summer internship at our Home Office in Richmond, Virginia is designed to expose current college students to a corporate accounting environment and provide a valuable hands-on experience. The intern will be responsible for securing housing and daily transportation (no public transportation is available to our Home Office).
What You'll Do: Essential Responsibilities:
The work our interns perform is very similar to the work performed by our full-time Associates. This may include tasks in a variety of different functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, corporate accounting, fixed assets, financial reporting, etc. Responsibilities will be a mix of independent work and collaborative, cross-functional projects, and may include interactions with customers and/or vendors.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this internship is to assist the CarMax Accounting Department drive execution through a variety of tasks ranging from special projects to recurring monthly and quarterly tactical items. Ideal candidates are those who are interested in:
- Obtaining a hands-on experience that will provide exposure to the different functions that combine to form a corporate accounting department
- Contributing to the goals that support our Accounting initiatives
- Contributing ideas and opinions to support our continuous improvement environment
- Developing technical and business skills
- Access to Management and building relationships with our leadership team and other associates outside of accounting
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Thinks logically, conducts root cause analysis, uses resources to find answers and considers impacts of decisions
- Completes tasks in a timely manner while balancing multiple priorities and interruptions
- Makes and follows through on commitments
- Takes initiative and works independently
- Cooperates and works well with others; resolves conflict in a positive manner
- Expresses opinions and innovative ideas
- Adapts to change
- Challenges others and the status quo appropriately
- Uses various methods of communication appropriately (e.g. phone, email, face-to-face)
- A history of achievement and aptitude demonstrated by a strong GPA, and/or other recognition such as scholarships, awards, and honor societies
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required (i.e. filtering, v-lookups, subtotals, shortcuts); basic level of Microsoft Access a plus
- Requires mathematical skills that would be gained from a typical undergraduate accounting or business curriculum
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top