The Merchandise Payables Sr. Clerk's main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Distributing incoming mail for all Payables areas.
- Various duties to provide administrative support to the MP Inventory Payable team.
- Various duties to provide support to the MP Payment Processing team.
- Daily distribution of vendor/customer checks generated via pay cycles.
- Filing daily departmental paperwork generated by all Payables areas.
- Weekly/monthly preparation of documents to be sent off for imaging or storage.
- Various duties related to invoice scanning and matching
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Distribute incoming mail for all Payables departments.
- Various duties to provide administrative support to the MP Inventory Payable team including but not limited to FedEx preparation and printing payoff support documentation.
- Various duties to provide support to the MP Payment Processing team including but not limited to one time vendor creation in PeopleSoft and reviewing vendor maintenance paperwork from stores to ensure completeness.
- Print and distribute checks for all Payables departments. Also review check reports to ensure accuracy and verify all electronic files were received and confirmed by the bank. Work with accounting and IT resources to resolve discrepancies.
- Filing daily departmental work and preparing documentation to be sent offsite for imaging or storage for all Payables groups.
- Training and development
- Assisting various Payables groups with scanning invoices over to our stores for approval and reviewing accessory invoices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to embrace change, speak up and express opinions appropriately, and take responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others, resolve conflict in a positive manner, and offer praise and support to others associates.
- Ability to demonstrate strong team behaviors in line with CarMax values, including integrity, respect, inclusion, fairness, and fun.
- Ability to seek win-win solutions to customer issues and deliver on customer commitments.
- Ability to maintain high energy and stay productive while paying attention to details.
- Ability to follow through on commitments, demonstrate initiative, work independently, and use time wisely.
- Ability to understand and follow proper processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1+ years of business experience required or related degree
- General understanding of basic accounting concepts and account reconciliation experience preferred, demonstrated math aptitude required
- Basic level of Microsoft Excel required (i.e. Sorting, simple spreadsheet creation, basic formulas, cut and paste); basic level of MS Access a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top