UI Engineer, Consumer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus Consumer team is looking for UI Engineers to help our users find the car they’re looking for as efficiently as possible. See your solutions impact millions of global users on a daily basis as you tackle challenges such as:
- Improve search experience and performance for millions of users across millions of cars globally
- Make the car shopping experience enjoyable and more transparent
- Help users discover the right car for them
- Enable new ways of buying cars, such as buying online and having your car delivered
- Build out platforms to enable us to iterate faster and respond to our consumers quicker
- Launch and grow new markets, we’re already in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain with more countries to come
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with and be mentored by seasoned engineer
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code
- Participate in UX and design process conversations
- Help grow our core product through analytically driven development
Who You Are:
- Some experience; ideally in fast paced environments
- Experience with ReactJS or similar framework
- An eye for UX design
- Strong communication and other collaborative soft skills
- Effective oral and written communication
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top