Team Lead Customer Success, Field
This Customer Success Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the Customer Success Field team delivers their best personal and group results. In addition to team management experience, the ideal candidate will bring extensive experience in complex strategic account support, growth, and retention. This person will act as a thought leader, coach, mentor, and be responsible for a team of Field Customer Success Specialists and Senior Specialists who each have a group of named accounts to manage. This person will report to the Director of Customer Success, but will also work closely with the VP of Field Sales and a distributed team of Regional Sales Directors to ensure the best possible customer engagement and retention.
As a leader within the Customer Success team, this person will be responsible for team performance, quality metrics, and career development for their team.
- Provide daily direction and communication to employees so that customers are supported in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers
- Provide statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member
- Writes and administers performance reviews for skill improvement
- Is available for employees who experience work and/or personal problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, direction, and resolution
- Ensure employees has appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs
- Responds to and resolves employee relations issues expressed by team members
- Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues according to company policy
- Prepares warnings; communications effectively with employees on warnings; and makes effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required
- Uses appropriate judgement in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns
- Thorough understanding of the Customer Success roles which leader will be responsible for delivering results within.
- Effectively deliver the value proposition of CarGurus while enforcing policies, sharing best practices, and responding to customer’s needs with your best judgement
- Work collaboratively as part of a larger sales and support team by documenting activities and working in concert with other departments and colleagues
- Prior experience managing, growing, and retaining complex customers in a remote capacity.
- Experience managing a support, sales, or account management team is strongly preferred, but 3-5+ years account management/support experience prior to joining CarGurus is required.
- Outstanding communication and listening ability
- Strong sense of customer service and engagement
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement as an empowered individual contributor and the skills required to be an exceptional team leader
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Industry experience a plus
- Minimal travel may be required
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top