Sr. Software Engineer, Java, JEE
Our CarGurus Engineering team for international development; has built out CarGurus Canada, UK, and now Germany (Coming soon!). Over the next year we will be continuing to expand into new countries and markets. The Engineering team creates new features and platforms that will improve our already amazing products and site.
We face a diverse range of challenges as we internationalize CarGurus.com. The infrastructure that supports car shopping and selling is different in many countries. This role is instrumental in helping CarGurus drive towards modernizing the world’s car shopping experience, one country at a time.
The international engineering team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to build and implement new products, algorithms, features and solve challenging issues.
What we are looking for:
- Full-stack engineering experience (4+ years or greater!).
- Expertise with Java, J2EE or JEE, MySQL (or other object oriented languages)
- Experience in building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large scale applications.
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, testing and releasing product.
- Likes to push code daily, has a high standard for quality and design.
- Has worked with A/B Testing methods. Understands how to view data.
- Able to work independently and collaborate well with other departments.
- Adaptable and open to learning new technologies
- Strong with OOP and OOD.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
How do we do it?
Through great team collaboration and working with really smart people. The team utilizes data to gain insights that help drive our development. We love to do A/B Testing! When you develop a product or feature you know it will be a success. As an engineer, you will develop and iterate daily. Our software engineers have the autonomy to work with other departments, define requirements and build features or products the best way you know how!
Back to top