Sr. Software Engineer, Consumer
For many, shopping for a car is a daunting and stressful task. Our goal on the CarGurus Consumer team is to create products that cut through the complexity and opacity of the auto market, putting the consumer first. Developers on the consumer team focus on helping users through the whole lifecycle of car shopping from research, to purchase, to selling/trading in their own car. We also build tools for internal consumer focused teams like marketing, user support, and editorial. More people visit CarGurus every day than any other car shopping website in the US. What you build on this team will be used by your friends, family, and neighbors and they will thank you for it!
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to build and implement new products, algorithms, features and solve challenging issues.
What we are looking for:
- Full-stack engineering experience.
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, testing and releasing product.
- Likes to push code daily, has a high standard for quality and design.
- Has worked with A/B Testing methods. Understands how to view data.
- Able to work independently and collaborate well with other teams
- Adaptable and open to learning new technologies
- Strong with OOP and OOD
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise with Java, J2EE or JEE, MySQL (or other object oriented languages)
- Experience in building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large scale applications
What we commit to you:
Autonomy and collaboration at the highest level. There will be great projects that range from challenging to a quick fix. Your fellow engineers have a diverse background and are willing to help. We truly don’t schedule meetings but get together as necessary. This gives everyone (even outside of engineering) a very well-balanced life. You will be successful because we will work to make sure you are. That’s what great teams do.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top