Software Engineer, International Markets
CarGurus' Engineering team for International Product Development has built CarGurus.com sites in Canada, UK, and now Germany. Over the next year, we will continue to expand into additional countries and markets such as Italy, Spain, and France.
We face a diverse range of challenges as we internationalize CarGurus.com. The infrastructure that supports car shopping and selling is different in many countries. This role is instrumental in helping CarGurus.com drive towards modernizing and creating the most trusted global car marketplace one country at a time.
What You'll Do:
Our team creates platforms, new features, new products, internationalization/ localization and maintains our current international sites. We have several other teams within engineering that Global Products actively collaborates with such as; Consumer (B2C), Dealer (B2B) and Analytics (Data Science/ATA).
The International Product team is looking for a Software Engineer to build and implement new products, algorithms, features and solve challenging issues.
Who You Are:
- Full-stack engineering experience; 20% of time on front-end and 80% on mid to back-end.
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Java, JEE, MySQL (Open to Python or other OOP languages)
- Experience in building websites (e-commerce, internet) or large scale applications.
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, testing and releasing product.
- Knows Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Likes to push code daily, has a high standard for quality and design.
- Able to work independently and collaborate well with other departments.
- Adaptable and open to learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of OOP and OOD.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Senior Software Architect
Charbel is responsible for the user interface on the CarGurus site so that any customer can easily navigate and find what they’re looking for in their car search.
Back to top