Software Engineer, Consumer Products
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We’re looking for self-motivated Engineers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of new and unique challenges, from designing complex data structures and algorithms to machine learning and mining big-data. We deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
Our consumer engineering team focuses on all public facing products and tools, from core search and analytics to content and media that helps users throughout the entire lifecycle of car shopping.
What You’ll Do:
- Build world class software for consumers and businesses in the U.S. and around the world
- Help deliver new products and features
- Design algorithms and data structures for highly scalable data driven software
- Solve challenging and highly technical problems
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of Software Engineering Experience
- Expertise with Java, or similar object oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with latest technologies
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn search and / or related technologies like ElasticSearch
- Able to conceptualize, develop, test, and release product
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate
- Experienced with building scalable websites (ecommerce) or large scale applications
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top