Senior Software Engineer, Platform
CarGurus’ Platform/Infrastructure team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Platform. The Platform plays a key role for CarGurus to operate at scale. We are modernizing our technology platform and are looking to define key architectural capabilities, guide development teams on their successful implementation, and ensure the stability, security and scalability of our systems.
What You'll Do:
You will work within our Platform team to lead the technical strategy, design, implement and enhance the core infrastructure of CarGurus. This infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, search and storage solutions, data pipelines, observability systems and developer tooling. CarGurus site functions range from e-commerce, B2B, Analytics, and Data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Platform you will:
- Work on new and existing projects such as our data streaming platform, container & micro-services infrastructure, and distributed search systems.
- Define our platform roadmap
- Deliver features consistently
- Work with other teams to roll out platform updates and mentor other engineers
- Have a large impact in delivering a high-quality development environment with great quality code and products
Who You Are:
- Have 8+ years of engineering experience
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experienced with distributed, high performance and loosely coupled systems
- Have a deep understanding of distributed messaging systems, modern search engines and various data storage and retrieval techniques
- Fluent in at least one programming language, preferably on the JVM
- Expertise with MySQL or other relational databases
- Biased towards using data to arrive at decisions
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top