Senior Software Architect, Java, JEE - Global Product
Our CarGurus Engineering team for Global Product development; has built out CarGurus Canada, UK, and now Germany. We are working on several new countries such as Spain, Italy and France and over the next year we will continue to expand into new countries and markets. The team creates platforms, new features, new products and internationalization/ localization. We have several other teams such as Consumer (B2C), Dealer (B2B) and Analytics. The Global Product development team coordinates and collaborates each team within engineering.
We face a diverse range of challenges as we internationalize CarGurus.com. The infrastructure that supports car shopping and selling is different in many countries. This role is instrumental in helping CarGurus drive towards modernizing and creating the most trusted car marketplace one country at a time.
The Global Product's team is looking for a Senior Software Architect to build and implement new products, algorithms, features and solve challenging issues.
What we are looking for:
- Full-stack architecture and engineering experience (6+ years).
- Expertise with Java, JEE (J2EE), MySQL (We are open to Python or other OOP languages)
- Experience in building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large scale applications.
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, testing and releasing product.
- Likes to push code daily, has a high standard for quality and design.
- Has worked with A/B Testing methods. Understands how to view data.
- Able to work independently and collaborate well with other departments.
- Adaptable and open to learning new technologies
- Strong with OOP and OOD.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to mentor and lead teams if so desired.
How do we do it?
Through great team collaboration and working with really smart people. The team utilizes data to gain insights that help drive our development. We love to do A/B Testing! When you develop a product or feature you know it will be a success. As an architect you will develop and iterate daily. Our team has the autonomy to work with other departments, define requirements and build features or products the best way you know how!
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top