Senior Software Architect, Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to CarGurus as efficiently as possible. We're central to CarGurus' growth strategy, both in the US and abroad. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company.
We’re looking for self-motivated Engineers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from designing complex data structures and algorithms to machine learning and mining big-data. We deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Each engineer manages their own products and projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging and long term.
What You’ll Do:
- Expand our reach by finding new ways to identify car shoppers.
- Scale our efforts to handle and take advantage of ever-increasing volumes of traffic and data.
- Improve our efficiency by developing algorithms and heuristics that analyze our data and adjust bids via partner APIs to show ads to people based on the likelihood that they'll find CarGurus useful.
- Manage, optimize and bid all our ads requires efficient and scalable architecture that can update and process large amounts of data.
- build and evolve the engine while we expand to new advertising platforms, new countries, and scale up our targeting to hundreds of millions of keywords.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of programming experience
- Strong ability to write high quality code and tests
- Knowledge of other SQL flavors and strength with queries and table
- Familiar with Ruby on Rails (not required), AWS, MySQL, REST Interfaces
Our Technical Environment: AWS, Python, R, RoR, MySQL, ElasticSearch ka
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP, Dealer Relations
As VP, Dealer Relations, Mike helms the team that grows CarGurus’ customer base, while driving revenue growth, mitigating churn and revenue compression, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Back to top