Senior Manager/Director, Automotive Industry Analytics
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
In this new role, you will study, analyze and report on the emerging marketplace trends and economic factors that impact automotive consumers, OEMs, dealers, and the industry as a whole. You’ll develop insights and narratives to educate our external and internal stakeholders, including the press (business, automotive and consumer), our customers (dealers, OEMs, partners and consumers) and our employees.
You’ll be CarGurus lead automotive industry expert on the following:
- Economic trends impacting the automotive retail sector
- Price and value trends and forecasts for used, new and CPO cars
- OEM and category sales trends and forecasts
- Emerging industry trends including shifts in consumer demand, new sales models and major technology trends in automotive such as the evolution towards self-driving cars
- Impact of major events and industry developments, including major automotive recalls, OEM/model changes, events that disrupt production or sales, regulatory changes, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Through rigorous analysis you’ll develop insights on relevant economic and industry trends, engaging outside data partners/resources and working cross-functionally with our PR, Data Analytics and Customer Insights teams to ensure the latest internal data analytics are incorporated in your analysis.
- Produce high quality research deliverables and reports to share with internal and external audiences, including regular reporting to and engagement with the press
- Partner closely with our PR department to develop regular and ad hoc insights and commentary for the press, and serve as a primary analyst press spokesperson (including broadcast)
- Deliver and/or inform live/video presentations at events including industry conferences, customer meetings and internal meetings, working closely with members of our B2B Content Marketing team
- Work closely with our Corporate Development and IR teams to inform corporate perspective on emerging industry trends that may impact our business and the automotive sector
- Manage dedicated data analyst
Who You Are:
- Superior strategic thinking and analytical capability, strong problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of economic, financial and industry-related business concepts and terminology
- Ability to perform robust analyses and partner with analytics teams
- 10+ years in a market research or consulting role, automotive industry experience is strongly preferred
- Four-year degree (BA/BS) in an analytical minor or major (e.g. economics, math, statistics) with an excellent academic record, MBA preferred
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in the organization
- Excellent verbal presentation skills and experience/comfort interacting with the press
- Strong ability to synthesize data and insights into compelling narratives
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, with the ability to drive new processes and function effectively as an independent contributor
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top