Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we're the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we've been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus-our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Senior Manager of Accounting will be based at CarOffer's office in Dallas, TX and will be a critical member of the CarGurus accounting team. This position will bring public company expertise and guidance to the close process and will have significant interaction with members of the CarOffer and CarGurus accounting and finance teams. The candidate we are seeking needs to demonstrate a strong ability to interpret and apply accounting principles, and also be able to clearly communicate complex technical accounting matters to both finance and non-finance partners.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and review as appropriate technical accounting estimates, including but not limited to sales allowance, inventory reserves, and allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Account for website development costs including evaluating projects for capitalization and monitoring for impairment.
- Document monthly and quarterly SOX controls in accordance with public company standards.
- Maintain and update technical accounting positions memos and document new positions memos.
- Provide insight into the business by highlighting the effects of proper accounting on transactional results.
- Partner with CarOffer to help identify areas of improvement and enhance accounting processes to drive efficiencies.
- Partner cross-functionally with various teams including FP&A, Legal, Investor Relations, SEC reporting, and SOX.
- Be a liaison between CarOffer and CarGurus by bringing up matters that impact operations and reporting.
- Support quarterly reviews and the year-end audit with external auditors.
- Assist with CarOffer-specific 10-Q/10-K disclosures.
- Provide accounting support for special ad-hoc projects.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- 8+ years of combined public company industry and Big Four accounting firm experience.
- Experience in the automotive industry is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Strong communicator and comfortable interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner.
- Motivated standout colleague with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite software experience is a plus.
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus' curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential-starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That's why we hope you'll apply even if you don't check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus. #LI-Hybrid