Senior Front-End Engineer
Meet PistonHeads, the #1 visited car community in the UK, recently acquired by CarGurus —the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus and PistonHeads, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
CarGurus, founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
PistonHeads is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our engineering team in London, UK. We are looking for a motivated and well-rounded senior front-end engineer who is comfortable with full stack development to help us build software from the ground up, leveraging the latest technologies, using data to drive decisions, collaborating with other smart people, and moving quickly, then you've found the right place.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer at PistonHeads, you will take an active interest in design, user experience, accessibility, and performance of the front-end codebase. You will also be deeply engaged in designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving our full stack of software. You will deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers. You will own your projects and collaborate with fellow engineers and product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
Who You Are:
- Previous experience with front-end development
- Previously worked with React/Redux, Vue/Vuex, or similar
- Familiar with WAI-ARIA, WCAG 2.1, and accessibility in general
- Know when to use float, inline-block, flex, or CSS grid
- Comfortable with a git rebase
- Experience building scalable websites or large-scale applications, ideally doing so with Amazon Web Services
- Expertise with .NET or similar object-oriented languages is a bonus
- Good understanding of MySQL, MongoDB, or similar relational and document databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with latest technologies
- A good understanding of visual and user centred design
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
PistonHeads and CarGurus Culture:
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Face to face communication is the best way to collaborate, and we expect people in our fully equipped offices all week, but we make sure the balance of home and family life is supported for those odd times you need to work different hours.
In addition to the UK, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the US and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in London, UK, Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top