Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Building upon early successes of our growing sales team based in Dublin, Ireland, the Sales Manager will be chartered with managing, developing, and scaling the team in conjunction with the Director of Sales, EMEA. The ideal candidate thrives on living in the trenches with the team and is not afraid to get on the phone to help close a deal.
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading and coaching a growing team focused on direct B2B sales. This team carries the sale from initial engagement through contract & close, primarily from an outbound sales effort. The Sales Manager will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the group and developing tactics to ensure efficient and effective implementation. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with relatively short sales cycles and high-growth expectations. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that wants to take a high-performing sales team and develop it into a sophisticated sales operation.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a growing team of 7+ inside sales reps reporting to Director of Sales
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of our customers and product requirements
- Manage through metrics: both for reporting business results and directing coaching and training efforts
- Implement optimal organization, process, and tactics to maximize close rates and revenue from each salesperson’s book of business
- Effectively communicates, formally and informally, up and down the organization
- Actively participate in high-value sales calls, ability to coach in the moment
- Exceptional in understanding how to motivate an inside sales team and achieve a consistent level of intensity and focus, each day
Who You Are:
- BA/BS and/or Graduate degree; MBA a plus
- 2+ years of Inside sales management experience
- Track record of overachieving consistently on quotas
- Track record of success and achievement in Sales and other pursuits
- Experience selling software-as-a-service or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM, to improve sales performance
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team
- Tremendous customer-management ability to foster highly-satisfied dealer and partner relationships
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Director of Dealer Relations
As Director of Dealer Relations, Mike helms the team that grows CarGurus’ customer base, while driving revenue growth, mitigating churn and revenue compression, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Back to top