Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation of pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Revenue Analyst is a key member of the Controllership team, who regularly reviews the company's financial transactions, sales contracts and business practices, and compiles and analyzes revenue information by ensuring that contractual arrangements are accurately reflected throughout the company’s transactional systems. The role requires an understanding of the company’s business operations, products, and accounting practices. The Revenue Analyst will work closely with the sales and FP&A teams in ensuring that revenue reporting is performed accurately with the billing and accounting teams.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the analysis and implementation of the new revenue recognition rules under ASC 606
- Provide support to the monthly close process adhering to specific tasks and deadlines in reconciling revenue accounts
- Analyze and reconcile revenue accounts including deferred revenue and accounts receivable
- Assist in the implementation of new systems to help streamline recording of transactions across multiple functional units
- Support the analysis of bad debt and sales allowances, and assist in the calculation of revenue-related KPIs
- Review organizational billing practices to ensure invoice accuracy and alignment with revenue recognition as defined by the controllership team
- Assist with defining process flow for new product introduction and accurate reporting between the billing systems and financial reporting
- Support the quarterly and annual financial statement reviews and audits by providing supporting documentation of transactions, reconciliations and other analysis
Who You Are:
- Bachelor or Business Administration with a concentration in Finance or accounting; analytical experience a plus
- 2 to 4 years of related experience in revenue analysis; experience with revenue recognition guidance a plus
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management teams
- Requires attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with Salesforce/NetSuite/Zuora is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (pivot table, VLookup, etc)
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top