Product Marketing Manager
- Cambridge, MA
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help bring the car buying experience into the 21st century by managing the consumer facing marketing strategy for our sell my car experience. You will empower car shoppers to sell their car from the comfort of home, instantly getting the best offer from our network of thousands of dealers.This is a highly collaborative role requiring positive relationships with key partners in Consumer Marketing, Product and Engineering to drive product marketing development across paid, owned and on-site channels. A successful candidate will possess robust consumer marketing experience, thinks strategically, and can thrive in a test-and-learn, fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead consumer marketing strategy across paid, owned & on-site channels by partnering with cross-functional partners to:
- Support go-to-market planning including goal setting, audience definition, messaging strategy, creative asset development, channel planning and measurement
- Translate insights into impactful value propositions & points of differentiation
- Develop creative based on a strategy that is anchored to clear, measurable, business outcomes and is consistent with overall CarGurus brand strategy
- Drive strategic roadmap across digital brand, performance marketing, on-site merchandising and owned channels by collaborating with key channel owners
- Communicate results, key insights and recommendations to key partners
- Lead product marketing projects and activation plans with the goal of growing conversion and marketing efficiency across channels
- Deeply understand our brand, positioning, consumer segmentation, competitive landscape and product portfolio
- Evaluate creative ideas and thinking with a critical eye and understanding of the brand equity, vision and strategic priorities
- Serve as a partner and work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering and Consumer Marketing colleagues
Who You Are:
- 5-7+ years of consumer marketing experience required, with previous or current focus in product marketing, ecommerce or digital brand experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- A partner who can work collaboratively in a matrix organization and build a results-driven workspace
- Demonstrated ability to forge highly effective cross-functional partnerships and influence without direct authority
- Comfort with data and ability to translate into storytelling
- Ability to handle projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Proven experience as a self-starter who is comfortable in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
Back to top