Are you looking to join the Product Management team at a dynamic and fast-paced tech company? CarGurus is looking for a highly motivated Product Manager who will report directly to the Director of Product Management and focus on helping to drive the product innovation that will fuel the continued growth of CarGurus’ business. The Product “Guru” will work closely with the sales/marketing team and CarGurus’ dealer base to identify the highest potential product improvements as well as major new categories of product for the company, and then collaborate with engineering to bring ideas to fruition. The role is highly cross-functional, and requires strong analytical and research skills, the ability to work well with a wide range of types of people, and a passion for innovation.
- Solicit input from dealers via surveys, focus groups and direct 1-on-1 conversations to test and refine product initiatives
- Work closely with sales and marketing to collect, vet, and prioritize ideas for potential product enhancements to CarGurus’ existing product set
- Conduct market analysis on the next generation of CarGurus products, evaluating competitor offerings, feature sets, pricing models, and key messages to determine the best way for CarGurus to bring products to market
- Evaluate data on product usage and performance to optimize and enhance our product set
- Collaborate cross-functionally to roll-out new products and initiatives, working closely with employees from across the organization to ensure success
- growth and profitability for the business”.
- 5 -10 years of professional Product Management work experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required
- Product management experience is required: ideal candidates could have work experience at technology companies, consulting firms, financial services firms, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaison with internal teams, and able to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Cargurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top