PR & Communications Manager (UK)
Are you looking to join the communications team at a dynamic and fast-growing consumer web company? CarGurus, a leading US car shopping website, launched in the UK in 2015 and has since been rapidly gaining traction with consumers and dealerships. Now, we are looking for an experienced communications/PR professional to help us build greater awareness in the UK of the CarGurus brand and our innovative approach to helping people shop for cars. The ideal candidate for this position will be a strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a passion for PR and social media and a proven track record of earned media coverage for their consumer brand clients. This results-driven candidate will be entrepreneurial, with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with a US-based PR team and our London-based PR agency. This role can be based in Dublin or remotely in the UK.
- Manage the day to day strategy and operations of our UK PR program, including development and execution of PR and social media campaigns as well as proactive media relations, including liaising regularly with our UK-based agency and our US-based Communications team.
- Leverage internal data, surveys and interviews to develop compelling content, including pitch angles, bylines, press releases and social media campaigns
- Build and strengthen media relations with consumer, business and trade press through regular outreach and active monitoring of news to identify opportunities with the press
- Capture metrics for goals and effectiveness of the program and issue regular reports as well as competitive analysis
- Monitor, respond to and mitigate negative press if needed
- Some travel to the US, London/Dublin involved
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of PR, Journalism or Marketing Communication experience, either at an agency or in-house
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal (with the ability to assume a spokesperson role with press)
- Experience building and executing data driven PR campaigns
- A proactive self-starter who can conceptualize and execute new initiatives and campaigns
- Can demonstrate proven results pitching media and securing coverage in business and consumer media outlets
- Experience leveraging social channels as part of cohesive brand building and thought leadership campaigns
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills
- A background or strong interest/knowledge of automotive is a huge plus!
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top