National Field Account Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The National Field Account Manager (NFAM) role works with our largest dealer partners and is responsible for post-sale onboarding of dealerships, as well as supporting them throughout their customer lifecycle. The NFAM will own the commercial relationship with some of CarGurus’ largest customers, and is a sales-driven account management professional with a consultative approach. As an inside-based employee with a high-level of travel across the UK, the NFAM will thrive in a fast-paced environment, visiting individual dealerships within national groups to conduct trainings, teach best practices, and ensure optimization. Once on-boarded, the NFAM will maintain the commercial relationship with key stakeholders, including C-Level executives, to ensure growth and retention of all accounts.
What You'll Do:
- Carry a quota consisting of cross sell, up-sell, and retention components
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and best practices
- Provide dealership and group-level performance analysis on a regular basis; identify areas of potential improvement and optimization
- Act as customer Liaison for technical, billing, and content issues
- Maintain strong relationships with the sales team and support the progression of MRR growth opportunities via back-office support, ongoing customer engagement, and leveraging existing relationships to recognize growth opportunities
- Champion and drive adoption of new products into the market
- Collaborate with internal departments (sales, billing, content, and engineering) to convey key issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization including escalation when appropriate
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a focus on sales
- B2B/B2C account management experience on the ground
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against quota
- Strong sense of urgency and self-starter mindset
- Excellent analytical skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to travel significantly as this is a field-based position
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce.com is an advantage
- Industry experience and digital background a plus
- Passion for Cars!
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Kim M.Product Manager
Kim works with the car dealership side of the business, ensuring CarGurus’ products provide the dealerships with everything they need.
Back to top