Manager of Customer Success
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is rapidly expanding it's SEM Plus product offering and is seeking a leader for the growing Digital Consulting team. The Digital Consulting team is tasked with managing client’s digital marketing platform post-sale, from a successful on-boarding process through the entire lifecycle of the account, and retention. Core Digital Consultant responsibilities include:
- General account management of assigned CarGurus SEM customers.
- Analyze a dealer’s performance and consult on changes the dealer might want to consider to improve the traffic being generated by our SEM platform
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products
- Complete “on-boarding” of new SEM users to develop a relationship with the dealer’s digital marketing teams
- Proactively consult with dealerships to solve issues and address challenges
- Escalate issues to cross-functional departments (product management, operations) when necessary
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and best practices
- Utilize strong analytical skills to solve complex, interdepartmental/inter-operational issues
- Establish strong relationships with internal sales partners on the SEM and Dealer Relations teams to ensure a positive customer experience
The Manager of Customer Success will run this team and report to the Director of SEM Sales and Account Management. The team is currently comprised of 7 individual contributors and will grow steadily in 2018 and 2019 as the business matures. As we continue to expand our market share with our SEM Plus product, the Digital Consulting team will become an integral part in cross-selling and up-selling new products to our existing client base. The ideal candidate is both a strong leader as well as someone who possesses a penchant for managing existing client relationships to foster long term and growing client relationships. Most importantly, the Manager of SEM Account Management is highly analytical and proficient in coaching and developing individual contributors and can interpret large sets of data to steer the strategic direction of post-sales activities.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, manage and develop a high-performing team
- Manage through metrics: both for reporting business results and directing coaching/training efforts
- Communicate effectively with industry partners to develop long-lasting business relationships
- Train, ramp and coach new hires).
- Ability to motivate an account management team and develop process for efficiency and deeper client relationships
- Handle all aspects of sales account management administration (client lifecycle management, territory review, bonus development) and build executive-level presentations to drive business and operating strategies
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including sales, marketing, product and engineering to define customer needs and develop new offerings to meet the needs of customers
- Set overall strategy for the team that optimizes net revenue contribution
- Develop the structure, process, and metrics to meet aggressive retention goals
- Build a deep understanding of the CarGurus customer base: priorities, business drivers, buying behaviors, distress signals, etc.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS and/or Graduate degree; MBA a plus
- 2+ years management experience
- Consistent over-achievement of results against goals both as team manager and individual contributor
- Outstanding people and culture manager: The DR leader will be expected to empower and coach the team to over-achieve results
- Exceptional process-management ability to create predictable, efficient sales operational activities
- Strong strategic thought leadership skills to create programs and processes that affect the entire sales and service channel
- Tremendous customer-management ability to foster highly-satisfied dealer and partner relationships
- Strong communication skills up, down and across the organization to drive cross-functional partnership, and the ability to mentor and work with colleagues to produce process improvements
- Exceptional work ethic
- Highly analytical; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with internal and external systems, including Salesforce
- SaaS and subscription-based sales experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top