Manager, Employee Engagement and Internal Communications
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This is an exciting time of growth and organizational alignment at CarGurus. As we scale globally, CarGurus wants to ensure that our employees continue to feel as connected to our mission and engaged in their work as ever. To do this, we need to bring thoughtful strategy to how we communicate within and across the organization.
The Manager of Employee Engagement and Internal Communications will help us seize this opportunity by developing strategies, content and programs that engage and inspire employees at all levels and in all global locations to be active and engaged members of the CarGurus culture.
As a member of the Learning and Organizational Development team, you will help foster an aligned culture of learning, leadership, and engagement in our multiple offices.
What You'll Do:
- Develop content, communication strategies and programs that engage and inspire employees at all levels to be active and engaged members of the CarGurus culture
- Partner with our VP of Communications as well as Marketing, HR and recruiting teams to align our internal messaging with CarGurus’ external communications strategy, brand standards, and unique tone, values and culture
- Develop strategies for communicating messages that drive awareness and engagement across our global offices and employee locations
- Manage an internal communications calendar and execute on internal communications strategies
- Collaborate with our PR team to engage employees and leadership in developing content and shared learning
- Develop, write and edit content
- Drive the integration and adoption of multi-channel internal communications, including video, emails, blogs, slack channels, presentations and digital displays
- Assist with managing employee meetings (ie Town Halls) and events that facilitate employee connection to our goals and mission;
- Identify and implement new and innovative communications and employee engagement opportunities
- Help ensure employees in international and remote offices have a consistent cultural experience
Support People and Talent in creating a strong internal brand
Who You Are:
Are you someone who is continually inspired by seeing employees engaged in their work and excited about the impact they are making? Are you looking for an opportunity to creatively apply your strengths in communications and engagement in an environment that’s continually changing and never boring? Do you have a passion for moving fast, learning from feedback, and iterating your approaches to maximize impact? If these are true for you, the Manager of Employee Engagement and Internal Communications role may be right for you. In addition, you will:
- 5 - 8 years of experience
- B.A., MA in Communications or Marketing preferred
- You have experience in written communication, digital content creation, intranet or blog management, and supporting employee engagement programs
- You’ve successfully built communications and engagement programs and strategies at a quickly growing company
- You are collaborative and can communicate with a diversity of stakeholders, including executive leadership and employees at all level
- You are mission driven and passionate about employee engagement
- Polished oral, writing and interpersonal communications skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong digital and social skills to leverage within our internal communications channels
- Intranet, blog or website management experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Graphic design and video editing skills a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Director of Dealer Relations
As Director of Dealer Relations, Mike helms the team that grows CarGurus’ customer base, while driving revenue growth, mitigating churn and revenue compression, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Back to top