Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you someone who is continually inspired by helping people flourish through growth and skill development? Are you looking for an opportunity to creatively apply your strengths in learning, leadership development, and team development in an environment that is continually changing and never boring? Do you have a passion for moving fast, learning through feedback, and iterating approaches to maximize impact? If these are true for you, the CarGurus Learning and Development Partner role may be the right fit for your next role.
At CarGurus, we believe that learning: is both social and personal; is inherently uncomfortable; and happens every day, everywhere, not just inside the classroom. For this reason, we partner closely with business and HR leaders to identify needs and coordinate learning opportunities that help our people grow and get better and better over time, with a particular focus on developing our managers and creating a culture of continuous learning.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with People & Talent colleagues and business leaders to identify needs and leverage our programs, frameworks and other best practices to help individuals and teams learn and grow
- Build strong relationships with our employees, managers, and leaders as a way to get to know how to best meet their needs
- Develop, customize and implement learning and development programs and strategies, with a particular focus on manager and career development
- Provide 1:1 coaching to managers and leaders as it relates to their needs and the needs of their teams to learn and grow
- Consult with other L&D Partners to share best practices and ensure continuity across multiple programs and teams
- Design & support team performance workshops & business offsite events as needed
- Be a thought leader for your partners and clients wherever learning is concerned, especially in supporting their own ability to learn on-the-job
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years in an L&D organization
- Experience consulting with leaders and stakeholders, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner
- Facilitation skills, with demonstrated self-confidence and an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the needs of your audience
- Experience working in a technology industry
- Experience designing and delivering learning programs to reflect knowledge in adult learning principles, both inside and outside of traditional classroom environments
- Experience creating and delivering programs to develop manager and leader capabilities through formal and informal methods
- Degree or Certification in Instructional Design and/or Adult Learning
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top