Head of Investor Relations
- Cambridge, MA
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Head of Investor Relations who will lead outward facing engagement with the marketplace and investors, and provide insight internally to our management team. You will understand the company’s competitive positioning and dynamics, and will balance vision and economic drivers in crafting the organization’s IR strategy and approach. With excellent financial and analytical skills and a down-to earth business sense, you will partner closely with leaders across our organization.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize and implement a strategic investor relations function that clearly articulates CarGurus’ priorities, goals, strategic plans, roadmap, investment, capital allocation, and financial performance.
- Develop deep working relationships with the equity research analyst community, buy- and sell-side analysts, and shareholders. Build investor messaging/marketing communication in alignment with CarGurus’ business model.
- Partner with numerous functions across the company, to enable accurate and optimal creation, evolution and delivery of key messages, and to ensure that investor communications are aligned with communications across all external audiences.
- Work closely with financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and accounting teams on preparation of quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings
- Ongoing analysis and monitoring of competitor and peer group companies
- Assist in preparation of content for board meetings
- Work with leaders to refine and implement overall Investor Relations strategy, including creation/modification of our financial communications story, external and internal messaging, and scheduling of events (e.g. conferences, investor/shareholders days, etc.)
- Constantly gather intelligence and information in the marketplace, and advise, educate, and mentor senior leadership regarding the near-term and long-term dynamics of the investment and trading marketplaces, providing insight on the potential impact of these market forces on the business success.
Who you are:
- An experienced Investor Relations Professional with 8+ years of relevant experience. You have worked in a consumer digital or SaaS company or have experience in a high growth environment
- Outstanding Communicator: You are confident in your presentation ability, but also possess genuine active listening skills. You can introduce new concepts with tact and diplomacy and lead productive and influential conversations.
- Entrepreneurial: You are comfortable building new initiatives or functions within an organization and experienced at working with teams across the organization to achieve success
- Curious: You challenge yourself to understand critical business drivers and the complexities of evolving industry landscapes You are comfortable trying different digital platforms and communication avenues as needed and are always eager to learn.
- Data Driven: You will use both internal and external data resources and tools to guide your decisions and tell the CarGurus story
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
Back to top