Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Financial Systems Administrator will play a critical role in maintaining and improving the functionality of the various financial systems. They will work closely with Accounting and Finance teams to ensure the highest level of data accuracy.
What you'll do
- Perform general Administrative duties for multiple SaaS Financial Systems including access management
- Design, develop and maintain custom searches, reports and objects
- Development of new and support of existing custom scripts, workflow, and custom objects
- Develop and evaluate novel features native to existing platforms
- Exercise professional understanding of cloud architecture and DevOps
- Collaborate with both internal/external technical experts to drive system solutions
- Mentor and Empower team members to provide outstanding support and continuously improves the processes for the full SDLC
- Monitors and reports on progress in completing projects and accomplishing goals.
What you'll bring
- 1+ year of experience in Financial SaaS Systems
- Familiarity with subscription business and ecommerce processes
- Understanding of basic business accounting concepts such as AR and AP, as well the mechanics of business invoicing, payments and collections
- Working understanding of revenue accounting/ASC606 a plus
- Payment platform experience, including check, credit card, EFT as well as banking portal experience
- Experience with business requirements, technical analysis and design, coding, testing, and implementation of customizations within software environment (Primarily focus is Procure-to-Pay, Order-To-Cash and Corporate Accounting)
- SOX compliance experience a plus
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid