Facilities and Operations Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are seeking a Facilities and Operations Manager who will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day management of our multiple Cambridge office locations as well as assist in future office expansions. The ideal candidate will ensure that we have an office strategy which supports our rapid growth, our offices are well-managed and well-maintained, and we operate in a way that maintains environmental health and safety compliance as well as cross-departmental and office collaboration. The role requires someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and proactively gets things done without waiting for instruction.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and project manage the on-going construction of a third Cambridge office location
- Support ad hoc office expansion needs in other global locations
- Manage facilities budget vs spend while strategically thinking of ways to reduce costs, increase efficiencies
- Manage relationships, service contracts and rates with third-party vendors
- Special projects as assigned
- Assist the CFO with a strategic office expansion to occur in 2020
Facility Operations & Management
- Facilitate logistics for internal office moves and future space planning
- Oversee all aspects of the building management work order system, including initializing new requests, following up on open work orders, and interfacing with end users
- Inspect buildings regularly to determine the need for any internal repairs or renovations
- Monitor energy consumption and initiate programs to be environmentally friendly without affecting quality
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure delivery of the best employee experience possible
- Align organizational and strategic initiatives within facilities team goals
Who You Are:
- 5 – 7 years of experience with corporate real estate, strategic planning, corporate development or facilities management
- BS/BA in business administration, or a related field
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Progressive mindset with the ability to identify areas of improvement and recommend course of action to the executive team
- Consistent positive attitude and a natural problem-solver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP, Dealer Relations
As VP, Dealer Relations, Mike helms the team that grows CarGurus’ customer base, while driving revenue growth, mitigating churn and revenue compression, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Back to top